Subsea cable demand is forecast to grow at 7% CAGR over the 2017-2021 period
Subsea cable demand is forecast to total 24,103km over the 2017-2021 period, driven by the growth in the offshore wind market, a 15% CAGR over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific and Europe will account for a combined 78% of global cable installation over the next five-year period, with a large share of this growth being driven by energy policies focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
To assist businesses in understanding this growth and the size and scope of opportunities that exist, Douglas-Westwood has launched the latest in a series of unique and exciting products; the Subsea Cable Tracker.
Global Cable Installation Outlook (KM) 2012-2021
Source: DW – Subsea Cable Tracker
If you would like to find out more on how the new Subsea Cable Tracker can assist in your business development, strategy and planning, please contact me: Gareth.firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 1795 594 726.
Over the forecast period, vessel day demand is expected to fluctuate for both cable-lay and flex-lay vessels. Flex-lay demand will decline at a 4% CAGR over the forecast period, whilst growth of 8% CAGR for cable-lay demand days will be predominantly driven by offshore wind projects.
The Subsea Cable Tracker identifies the vessel installation day demand and a breakdown of component type by region as well as considering global drivers and outlook. Critically the twice-a-year report is also provided with oil & gas and offshore wind project listings in addition to vessel listings.
Key H1 Report Findings
- Global subsea cable demand is forecast to total 24,103km over the 2017-2021 period
- Offshore wind cable demand will grow at a 15% CAGR, accounting for 45% to forecast demand
- An estimated 30% of the EPCI contracts over the forecast have been awarded for oil and gas subsea cables
- Global subsea cable installation vessel day demand will grow at a 3% CAGR over the forecast period
- Cable-lay will contribute 61% of vessel installation demand, due to the growth in offshore wind installation activity
DW’s 1st edition of the Subsea Cable Tracker covers all key commercial themes relevant to players across the value chain in the subsea cable sector:
- Key Drivers – discussion of factors affecting subsea cable installation activity, including sustained low oil prices, global oil and gas production, offshore E&P investment, policy mechanisms and tariffs within the renewables sector and the overall competitive landscape for the subsea cable market.
- Route to Market – detailing the route to market and supply dynamics for the oil & gas and offshore wind markets.
- Regional Forecasts – forecast KM and vessel installation days within each region, including examples of notable projects and operators within the region with the most activity.
- List of Oil & Gas Projects– includes information on all identified and assumed projects with cable installation requirements from 2017 to 2021 by project name, installation year, status category, component type, country, owner and length.
- List of Offshore Wind Projects– includes information on all identified and assumed projects with cable installation requirements from 2017 to 2021 by project name, installation year, status category, component type, country, owner, length and voltage rating.
- List of Vessels– includes information on all identified cable and flex-lay vessels by name, vessel type, status category, owner, build year, shipyard, and other vessel specifications.
Why purchase the Subsea Cable Tracker?
DW’s market forecasting is trusted by sector players worldwide, with clients including the world’s top-10 oil & gas companies, top-10 oilfield services companies, and top-10 private equity firms.
An essential report for cable manufacturers, offshore vessel operators, steel mills, oilfield service companies, government agencies and financial institutions who need quality, up-to-date information and commercial insight to assist with their strategy in the energy sector.
Our proven approach includes:
- Unique and proprietary data – updated year-round from published sources and insight gained from industry consultation.
- Detailed methodology – the report uses research from DW’s ‘SECTORS’ database, the subscription-based information system exclusive to DW. Our global analyst team is involved in the gathering and analysis of the market data through primary research and professional networks. A project-by-project review of development prospects drives a data-rich market model and forecast.
- Comprehensive analysis – comprehensive examination, analysis, and 10-year coverage of unit/km and expenditure segmented by region and component.
- Concise report layout – consistent with DW’s commitment to delivering value for our clients, all our market forecasts have a concise layout consisting of industry background and supporting materials condensed to enable quick review with ‘speed-read’ summaries of key points throughout.