There remains potential to be unlocked in the onshore UK but it requires the combination of technical and commercial solutions to better understand how this can be achieved.
Hannon Westwood’s UK Onshore Oil & Gas Potential – A Comprehensive Review provides an overview to the onshore industry on how different areas of the UK might respond to a field development or exploration well in close proximity to existing settlements. Maps outlining National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Sites of Scientific Interest combined with mapping of population density and GDP per household give a clear indication of which areas are likely to be amenable to exploration activities
Key petroleum system elements within the UK landward basins of highest interest for petroleum exploration are outlined. Further insights are provided to assist with understanding where and why the current hydrocarbon accumulations have been found. Well logs of the key reservoir sections are also provided. There remains potential to be unlocked in the onshore UK but it requires the combination of technical and commercial solutions to better understand how this can be achieved.
The report outlines the source, migration, traps, seals and reservoirs of the UK’s onshore basins that are prospective for hydrocarbons.
West Lancashire Basin
Where appropriate, production histories are used to illustrate likely performance of prospects generated and successfully drilled up. Commercial and company aspects are discussed and the activities of the main companies active across the UK are outlined with the aim of clearing the first hurdle of potential deal making.
The Study provides
- Licensing overview for the UK and Northern Ireland
- Detailed Geological information by basin
- Commercial & Corporate Considerations by basin
- Gross Domestic Household Income
- Locations of SSSI, AONB and National Parks
- UK Population by Region
Who should buy?
- E&P and Energy companies interested in UK Onshore potential
- Private Equity companies and investment funds with existing UK Onshore investments or seeking investments
- Service companies
- All operators & partners that currently hold licences on Onshore acreage
Why you should buy
- Provide technical and commercial insights
- Adds to the detailed technical work undertaken by others, particularly BGS, rather than duplicating their efforts
- Identifies areas most likely to be amenable to exploration activities
- Outlines the key petroleum system elements of highest interest for petroleum exploration
- Discusses challenges that need to be faced to ensure sustained production
- Offers insights to assist understanding of where and why current hydrocarbon accumulations have been found.
Terms and conditions specific to partner products can be found here Partner Product Terms & Conditions