The World Offshore Wind Market Forecast 2012-2016
This edition of the report is no longer current. To view the up-to-date edition of this report please visit this page.
The 4th edition of The World Offshore Wind Market Forecast, by energy business advisors Douglas-Westwood, examines drivers, case studies, key players, major markets and growth prospects for the global offshore wind sector. The report builds upon previous editions with the addition of comprehensive commercial analysis and a more detailed expenditure model.
Key features of the report
- The rationale for offshore wind including discussion of climate change issues, related policy, as well as mainstream alternatives.
- Description of an offshore wind development from start to finish, with all critical areas covered from surveying to operations and maintenance. Case studies and cost structures are included for the first time.
- Discussion of all critical markets for offshore wind including the UK, Germany and China. For each country, information is provided on development to date, national policies and financial incentives.
- An all new commercial insights section, which highlights emerging trends and potential bottlenecks in the emerging offshore wind sector. Discussion points include the increasing scale of offshore wind farms and vessel build programmes.
- Historic data and five year forecasts covering the period from 2007 to 2016. A detailed comparison with the previous edition is included, highlighting development over the last year. Capital expenditures are broken down to a more granular level and operations and maintenance costs are included for the first time.
Offshore wind continues to ramp up
With more than 3GW of offshore wind capacity installed, and more than 2GW in the construction phase, offshore wind is becoming a mainstream renewable power generation sector. The supply chain is experiencing a period of growth and is becoming increasingly differentiated from the onshore wind industry. With offshore wind moving into an industrialisation phase, major new opportunities are becoming apparent.
Technology and market dynamics
Clear and concise background is provided, covering each sequential step in an offshore wind development. All market segments are covered including offshore wind turbines, foundations, array cables, export cables, offshore substations and their associated installation methods. For each segment, supply chain players and interrelationships are detailed, along with case studies.
As the offshore wind sector enters a major growth phase, it is important to understand industry trends, potential constraints and implications. The commercial analysis in this section includes coverage of costs, development issues, supply chain, operational issues and new technologies.
Unique market forecasts
Using the same bottom-up modelling process, adopted for other reports in this series, the new offshore wind report presents a five-year market forecast for activity from 2012 to 2016. Five years historic data is also included for comparison.
With a decade of market modelling experience in this sector, DW maintains a comprehensive in-house database of projects worldwide. Each proposed offshore wind farm worldwide is assessed and unique and detailed market information given. All forecasts are based upon individual projects rather than estimations.
The report provides forecasts of annual Capex, Opex and installed capacity split by country, number, size and type of turbines, foundations, cables and substations. Market requirements for installation, operations and maintenance vessels are also provided, together with a new more granular breakdown of capital expenditure.
Why purchase this report?
- Geared to meet senior executives’ needs in business planning and decision making
- Access commercial analysis based on DW’s extensive in-house database of offshore wind projects
- Find clear country-by-country analysis of key markets and the factors driving growth
- Benefit from DW’s leading forecasting expertise developed and refined over many years
- All data is presented clearly and accessibly.
Why Offshore Wind – an explanation of the drivers, both macro and micro, behind the rise of the offshore wind industry. Detail is provided on factors including energy consumption, emissions, climate change policies and energy security issues.
An Offshore Wind Development – essential background information, which takes the reader through an offshore wind project development from ‘end-to-end’. For each market segment, technology, costs, key players and case studies are highlighted.
Commercial Insights – an assessment of emerging trends and major constraints on future development prospects that will impact on your business. Analysis of industry costs is also provided.
Key Markets – detailed analysis for each major offshore wind market with information on development to date, relevant policy measures and financial incentives.
Market Forecasts – Capex, Opex and installed capacity over the period to 2016 is presented by country. Gives highly detailed expenditure breakdowns for all key segments in the offshore wind project lifecycle. Areas covered include number and type of turbine and foundations, substations, cables, installation vessels and service vessels.
NEW - Additional services: tailored to meet your company’s needs, include dedicated real-time analysis, on-site support and presentations. Please contact us to discuss further email@example.com or call +44 1227 780999 for more details.
Further Report Details
BUY: The World Offshore Wind Market Forecast 2012-2016
All prices quoted are exclusive of any country taxes which may be applicable
Sorry, this item is not currently available for purchase...