The World Deepwater Market Forecast 2012-2016
This edition of the report is no longer current. To view the up-to-date edition of this report please visit this page.
Since pioneering the original deepwater report in 1997, Douglas-Westwood has tracked and analysed the deepwater market extensively, developing unparalleled knowledge and experience in the sector.
The outlook for the deepwater business is clearly one of significant long-term opportunity. As deepwater projects become increasingly capital-intensive there is an economic challenge for E&P companies and a significant potential prize for international oilfield service and equipment vendors.
The new 12th edition forecasts a strong growth in capital expenditure of 90%, compared to the previous five-year period, with $232 billion to be spent over the next five years. Latin America is likely to experience substantial growth, exceeding Africa’s deepwater expenditure towards the middle of the forecast period.
The World Deepwater Market Forecast 2012-2016 contains:
- Unique and proprietary data – historic and forecast deepwater capital expenditure breakdowns for Africa, Asia, Australasia, Eastern Europe & the FSU, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Western Europe.
- Regional forecasts – detailed by main component: drilling & completion - subsea completed wells, surface completed wells, subsea production hardware, SURF, pipeline systems and floating production systems by type.
- Field Development – from exploration through to concept selection, completion and production.
- Supply chain – detailing the financing of deepwater developments, contractors, equipment and installations.
Why buy the report?
This comprehensive report goes beyond a complete breakdown and forecast for the sector and provides unique insight into how changes in the industry, in the short to medium term, will impact market players.
The World Deepwater Market Forecast 2012-2016 is essential for financial institutions, equipment manufacturers, offshore construction companies, drilling operators, shipbuilders and oil & gas companies wanting to better understand where and when to make investment decisions.
Geared to senior executives’ needs, the report assumes no previous knowledge of the subject area. It offers an explanation of the drivers and indicators for the sector and details the life of a field from discovery to production. Key topics include supply-side constraints, cost inflation and financing issues.
- Introduction & summary of market drivers
- Supply factors and key conclusions
Drivers & Indicators
- E&P trends and spending
- The move to deepwater production
- Oil & gas prices
- Politics, regulation and the Macondo effect
- Brazilian activity and Petrobras’ developments
- Deepwater focus areas
- Life of field processes
- Deepwater exploration
- Field development concept selection
- Drilling and completion
- Types of drilling rig
- Field development concept selection
- Subsea hardware
- Floating production systems
- Subsea processing hardware
The Supply Chain
- Drilling rig analysis
- Drilling contractors
- Trends in the subsea equipment market
- Leasing contractors
- Local content and personnel
- The forecasting process, potential for upside and assumptions
- Deepwater market by region (Africa, Asia, Australasia, Eastern Europe & FSU, Latin America, Middle East, North America & Western Europe)
- Drilling and completion – subsea completed wells
- Subsea production hardware
- Table of deepwater prospects
NEW - Additional services: tailored to meet your company’s needs, include dedicated real-time analysis, on-site support and presentations. Please contact us to discuss further firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1227 780999 for more details.
Further Report Details
BUY: The World Deepwater Market Forecast 2012-2016
Sorry, this item is not currently available for purchase...